We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Very trendy tiles
Popular with decor lovers for years, cement tiles arise both in the kitchen and in the bathroom. But also on our furniture, as a decorative object or even… as stickers! It is indeed the most practical solution for those who want to succumb to the trend, without having to carry out major development work.
Depending on the reason chosen, cement tile stickers bring an Art Deco touch to your living room, a Scandinavian touch in a kitchen or even Mediterranean-style color in a bathroom.
How to choose your cement tile stickers?
The choice of cement tile stickers obviously relies on color issues. It is advisable to choose patterns that are in the same range of colors as those of your room, or in complementary colors.
With colored cement tile stickers, you can play the contrast. This will awaken a decoration that is too wise or too refined.
In addition to the aesthetic aspect, other criteria must be taken into account before launching into their installation. Some types of stickers do not hold in damp rooms. It will therefore not be advisable to install them in a bathroom or on a splashback close to your cooking / washing space in a kitchen.
If you want to use stickers to cover tiles, be sure to take the measurements of the tiles. Indeed, there are different sizes of cement tile stickers, which are generally suitable for standard measurements of tiles.
How to put your cement tile stickers correctly?
To make the rendering as clear as possible and to have a real "cement tile" effect, there are a few simple rules to follow when fitting stickers.
The support on which you will place the stickers must be clean and perfectly degreased. Depending on the type of stickers, there are two ways to apply them:
- For stickers for wet rooms: these stickers are resistant to steam and water. They should be applied with a spray containing slightly soapy water and a sponge.
- For classic stickers: use the wedge sold with the stickers to expel air bubbles during installation, as if you were masking. If your stickers are sold without wedges, a simple credit card will suffice to reproduce the same gesture.
Air bubbles formed during installation? Do not panic: pierce them gently with a needle and expel the trapped air with your nail.
Where to put your cement tile stickers?
You can give free rein to your imagination when you decide to pose your cement tile stickers! But here are some clever ideas that will allow you to have a trendy interior:
- Dress up a splashback in a kitchen: if you are fed up with seeing this basic white tile above your work surface, cover it with cement tile stickers. For greater resistance, opt for stickers for wet rooms. In a Scandinavian style kitchen, dare the cement tiles in blue / green shades. In a more contemporary kitchen, we will play the card of classic stickers with black and white shades.
- Decorate your stairs: to give an exotic touch to your wooden staircase, stick cement tile stickers on the risers. For an even more remarkable effect, opt for tiles in bright colors, Mexican or Californian house style.
- Create a carpet: on a parquet or concrete floor, define a space on which you will create a carpet with the stickers. You can install it under a dining table or in the living room. Prefer an area where the passage is not too frequent, so as not to alter the color of the stickers.
- To give your furniture a facelift: cement tile stickers can be stuck on furniture. You can thus cover the top of a white wooden bedside table, or cover the doors with a Scandinavian sideboard. You can also come and cover an entire dining table tray, opting for resistant stickers.
- Give a Mediterranean air to a bathroom: if you have a walk-in shower or a classic shower cubicle, cover the walls with cement tile stickers in blue hues, to remind Portuguese or Greek bathrooms.
- To cover a section of wall: create a vertical frieze with cement tile stickers on a wall of your kitchen. It should not be large, so as not to have an overly impressive effect.
- Bring cachet to the plinths: plinths in a room are often very basic. Why not play the originality card by using cement tile stickers to cover them? For this, choose a very light shade (gray / blue gray) and small patterns
- To add some touches of color: in a kitchen or bathroom, you can choose to stick cement tile stickers only on certain tiles and not on the entire sideboard. It's perfect if you want a discreet but slightly colorful decoration.